Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Interview with aspiring author Anne Underhill

Please welcome aspiring author Anne Underhill!  Anne is learning the art of self promotion before publication.  Please give her a warm Warrior Princess shout out!


What is your favorite thing about being a writer?

      My favorite thing about being a writer is when I am writing I, am in a completely different world.  I am totally submersed in whatever I'm writing, whether it be a history paper for school, or a story about being in prison.  Those words on the page are burned into my mind, and nothing else exists, at least in the moments I'm writing. 

How long have you been a writer? 

       I've been writing since I could pick up a pen and write.  The first style I really began to find a niche in was poetry.  Undoubtedly because I fell in love with how beautiful and profound poems can be when written well. 

What other careers have you had?

      Wow.  Other careers.  Great question since I've made no money as a writer...yet.  I've taught small children, worked as a computer programmer, and I am currently working with people with Special Needs.  Which, I must say, is a unique job, with daily rewards and triumphs, and is wonderfully challenging in a way no other job yet has presented itself to be. 

Are any of your characters based on real people or events?

        Yes.  There's a story I am working on right now that's based on a real event. 

What’s something fans would find fascinating about you?

        I do the majority of my writing on my phone.  Most of my ideas come randomly or at night while I'm in bed with insomnia or just thinking, so I do the majority of my writing on the Word Processor on my phone.  In fact, it's where I typed up this interview. 

Here is a little more about Anne

I was born in Wichita, KS, but by no means call it home.  I live in Nebraska, but find real solitude and peace in the mountains.  I atttended and will finish my degree in English and Education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.  I believe education doesn't begin or end in the classroom, it begins with life and ends with death.


Connect with Anne on her journey into publicatoin:
1i7m7iv6.wordpress.com
@1I7M7IV6 --twitter handle

Thank you, Anne, for joining us today.  Please join us on Thursday when Anne shares with us as our guest blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment