Tuesday, June 24, 2014

#AuthorSpotlightInterview with #DebbieWhite















Debbie currently resides in beautiful Sonoma County, California, where the jagged Pacific coastline meets the rolling hills cascading with vineyards.  She writes romance novellas that feature strong, independent women, who when faced with adversity, or tragedy, fine strength and overcome the perils that stand in their way.  She’s an avid supporter of animal rescue, and happily donates a portion of sales from her books to rescue organizations.  She has two adult children, and two granddaughters.  In her spare time, she loves to garden, travel; enjoy family, and her beloved rescue dogs, Dash and Briar. Her real passion of course is writing, and she uses her 20+ years as a military wife as inspiration for her stories. The Salty Dog is her second endeavor, and takes places in Bodega, a small fishing community she has the pleasure of visiting often.  The project she is currently working on involves travel to exotic and foreign places, another area she has experience. 

What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
The first thing I hope they take with them is satisfaction. I don’t want them to be disappointed, or feel they’ve wasted their hard earned money.  I also hope they take with them feelings of contentment and happiness. My books have sorrow and sadness, but also happiness and love.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes. All my books feature strong, independent women. I hope my readers feel the strength my characters have, and maybe it will help them gain their own strength in certain situations.

Are any of your characters based on real people or events?
My husband worked on a commercial salmon fishing boat when he was a teenager. He was instrumental in my writing about that in my current book, The Salty Dog.

When not writing, how do you relax?
Like many authors, I work outside the home as well as writing. I also help take care of an elderly parent. So when I get free time, I like to relax by watching the SF Giants baseball team with my hubby, or sitting on my patio looking at my gorgeous backyard - with everything in bloom, and watch the hummingbirds visit the feeders - while sipping on a glass of wonderful California wine!

Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
I’m currently working on a project that is about a young girl who dreams of traveling to far away and exotic places. I’m a little more than half way finished. Then I have to edit, and all of that. I don’t expect to have it published before end of summer, 2014.

Here is where you can find more information on Debbie White.





Libby (a big-city girl) and Luke (the big dreamer) give up the city life to move to a small fishing village, where he buys and operates a commercial fishing boat, and she runs a small diner that the locals love.  The two of them are determined to live out his dream when an event even Libby could not have prepared for leaves her running both businesses with the help of a friend. The Salty Dog is about a strong, independent woman who, when faced with hard times, never gives up, even when it comes to love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment