Tuesday, September 23, 2014

#AuthorSpotlightInterview with #TeRuss





Growing up an introvert, Té Russ found solace in literary arts at an early age. She found reading to be a vehicle to broader horizons and writing a form of self-expression. She began writing love stories in her adolescent years as a way to expel her youthful thoughts of love into words. Since then she has gone from writing stories and thoughts of love in journals to attending college for journalism and falling in love, which has allowed those youthful words of love to blossom into a series of stories in her romance novels. Though she has an immense appreciation for the sheer smell that books collectively exert, she also has found balance to her introverted nature with adrenaline inducing activities. So if she does not have her nose pressed deeply into a book or her pen ticking through a pad, you may also find this mother of three jumping out of airplanes, cheering her husband on at the top of her lungs at MMA fights, buzzing down the interstate on the back of motorcycles, or kayaking.


What is your favorite thing about being a writer?

The thing I love the most about being a writer is being able to create brand new worlds and people, whose lives I love to share with readers.

What genre(s) do you write?
I write contemporary romance.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I'd like to say I'm a pantser with a minimal amount of plotting.

Why do you think people should choose your books over another author?
I definitely don't think people should choose my books over another authors. I think there is plenty of book love to go around. But I think people would enjoy my books because my romances are sweet, with emotion and of course a little steaminess!

How long have you been a writer? 
I have been writing since I was a teenager, but I started writing romance in 2011.

How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?
I started writing my first book, Dream Lover, in November of 2011 and I self-published it in June of 2012.

What other careers have you had?
I'm currently a stay at home wife and mother of three kids and an English bulldog.

Whats something fans would find fascinating about you?
I went skydiving for Mother's Day in 2013.

How do your family and/or friends feel about your book or writing venture in general?
My husband is my biggest fan! He reads everything I write. My friends support me as well. They are funny though, they tease me and call me "Fifty Shades of Té" (FYI: My books are not like Fifty Shades of Grey LoL!)

Where are you from?
I'm a military brat born in North Carolina raised around the world, but have lived in Texas the majority of my life.

How do you come up with the titles?
I try to use elements from with in the book that relate to the title.

When not writing, how do you relax?
I enjoy reading. I also enjoy watching tv and movies (especially Marvel movies)!


Please tell us 5 miscellaneous facts about yourself.

I like to bake designer cakes.

I like to knit.

I love binge watching shows on Netflix.

I love zumba.

High heels are my vice.

Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.

I'm currently working on a book for the So You Think You Can Write Contest for Harlequin.

As far as self-published projects, I have three upcoming releases: Perfection, November 28, 2014, Love After War February 15, 2015 and Just One Night June 21, 2015. I'm also working on another novella that is a follow up to my latest release Homecoming, no scheduled date yet (That will be a surprise release lol).

Where can readers find you?





About Homecoming:

Troy Hartford has finally returned to his small hometown in Texas, and the first person he runs into is Veronica Baker. He's amazed at the beautiful woman she's become.

Veronica has been living her mundane life, making sure her father's business continues to thrive. She doesn't even realize that she's not truly living until Troy shows up.

Neither of them can forget the one kiss they shared over a decade ago when they were teenagers, and seeing each other now has stirred up an attraction neither of them can deny...

Excerpt:

You realize if it hasnt gotten around yet, the whole town is going to be buzzing soon about you and me, Veronica said.
What are you talking about?
She placed her palms down on the table. Come on Troy, Miss Stella is one of the sweetest people, but shes also one of the biggest gossips in Coalton! And her grandkids got her a smartphone and taught her how to use it. Facebook and all! Shes probably on her phone right now making some post about us being together.
Troy chuckled and leaned back against the seat. He stretched his legs out under the table, and placed his arms on the back of the seat. How do you feel about that? About people knowing were together?
Is that what we are? she asked, smiling shyly.
Well…” he said pensively. I dont think we can say were just friends. Friends dont kiss the way weve kissed.
I cant argue with you there.
He sat up and reached for her hands. Theres obviously an attraction between us. And if youre up for it, I think we should continue to explore what this is growing between us.
She looked down at their clasped hands and then looked up into his eyes. Id like that too.




Thank you for joining us today for this Spotlight Author Interview! Are you part of my Street Team? Click here to join!


No comments:

Post a Comment