Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Better Late than Never?

It's better to post your blog late than never, right?  Today has been one of those days where I'm just a bit behind on everything.  For the first time in my life, took my kids to school and went back home for a 2 hour nap.  What's that about?

Its about not listening to my body and taking steps to make sure everything is in line.  I haven't been exercising, and I'm a martial artist.  This is killing me.  I've been under an enormous amount of stress because of someone else.  There are deadlines all around me and I haven't taken the time to make all the pieces fit.

When our schedules and our emotions take over its hard to keep it together.  Our home lives fall apart, our work isn't adequate, and our bodies give out.  This is common knowledge.  This is personal neglect.

The reason that New Years day is so famous for new starts is because it gives us a definite date to start thinking about change.  And, well we all like to have partners in our mission to better ourselves, so there are lots of people starting something (or quitting something.) who can support us.  But why not tomorrow?  Is it too hard to say, "tomorrow I will get up and run, and only spend the needed hour on my edits and then write for an hour, non stop."  Why do we have to over process our thoughts?

I'm so guilty of this.  I will spend 2 hours to write out a new plan of attack just to decide on how I want to approach something I could have been working on for 2 hours.

Well, we're all human, right?

As the holidays close in, kids are ready to be on break, and deadlines loom, I begin to think taking naps is not the better use of my time.  So it's time for a list, because tomorrow I will be starting anew.  Its good to reinvent yourself.  Its time to listen to my body.  Its time to take back control...as early as tomorrow!

happy (healthy) reading
Bernadette Marie


1 comment: