Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Author interview with Jennifer Willows


Please welcome today Jennifer Willows.

What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
I love the idea that anything I think of is valid. In life people don’t get the chance to just say anything, no filters. When I write, anything I can conceive of is okay. It doesn’t have to be PC or fed to another person with a long handled spoon and loads of beating around the bush to get a point across.

What genre(s) do you write?
Right now I am a multicultural author, only erotica. One day I might decide to do something else, but for now this is perfect for my creative needs.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
Definitely a pantser. I love just throwing myself into the first draft letting my mind go willy nilly. It makes the start of my projects slow, since I don’t know where I am going with the story. But once I let my mind be its own infinite muse the rest becomes easy, and my books write themselves after I pass the first critical pages of my manuscript. I'm a pantser too!

Why do you think people should choose your books over another author?
If you like the type of novels I write then go for it. If not that’s okay too. I should be the author that you decide to take a gamble on after reading the excerpt and then find yourself delightfully surprised when you finish the rest. Hopefully, after reading one of my books most people would look for more of them. If my stories don’t do that for my readers, then I need to find another field to take my talents to. 


How long have you been a writer? 
Actually, I just started April of 2011. I had never written anything before Bound by Accident, so I definitely felt a lot of apprehension at the idea that I could actually become published, let alone that it would make a few of the Bookstrand bestseller lists in the last month. What a great accomplishment!

Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
My next project is a third Moreland brothers novel, the last of the series. Once I finish that book, I have a paranormal series that I have wanted to sink my teeth into for the last couple of months. There are a few short stories in the works, several are finished, but I haven’t decided what to do with them yet. Currently, the second Moreland brothers book is on sale at Siren bookstrand and is available for download on December the 6th.

Where can we find you?
I have Facebook and can be found under the email address jenwritesuread@gmail.com and Twitter as @windinthewillow. There is a blog page, but goodness, I am too busy fluttering from project to project and it seems I can’t find time for it. One day I can muster up the capital for a web page, but I can be found at my Author page on SirenBookstrand.com as Jennifer Willows

Thank you for sharing with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment