Friday, April 13, 2012

Candy Kisses

Candy Kisses...yum.  No matter how you sum it up.  Chocolate and love go hand in hand.

Meet Tabitha Knight.  Chocolatiere extraordinaire!  Owner of Tabitha's Chocolates, in the elite shopping district of Cherry Creek (a very real elite shopping district in Denver, Colorado), believes in selling chocolate to those who believe in true love, quick love, love forever, and any other reason.  However, she does not believe in love.

Really, why should she.  The only daughter of a mother who enjoys marrying often and falls for the line, "I love you," Tabitha has learned that those words carry no merit.  That was until he best client's son walked into her store and swept her firmly planted feet out from underneath her!

Preston Banks is a business man.  He understands a good business deal and a good working relationship.  He also knows what falling in love quickly is all about.  Raised in the wedding planning business, Preston has seen all sorts of marriages.  Those with long engagements, elopements, and spur of the moment proposals with strangers which lead to a lifetime of happiness.  He's not afraid of Tabitha's less than enthusiastic response to his feelings of love at first sight.


Candy Kisses has hand an interesting journey prior to becoming published at 5 Prince Publishing.  I had many times given up on the story, but there were many parts that were near and dear to my heart.  The story itself revolves around the area in which I call home.  Cherry Creek is a beautiful shopping district nestled in Denver.  Morrison is where you will find Red Rocks Amphitheater and the Hog Back was in fact a place I took field trips in elementary school.  The geological point of interest is only miles from where I live.  I suppose, however, the most fun was planning weddings in the Green Room at the Colorado School of Mines.  This was in fact my childhood dream.  To walk down the stairs that lead into the room fascinated me my whole life.  Due to costs I didn't get married there, but it was in fact the first place I called.  But my wedding cake had stairs and that was just important.  (I did go to prom there, so I was dressed up once walking down those stairs.)

Candy Kisses was my first novella.  In many ways it was quite an experiment in itself, but I hope it gives you a taste of what I do.  I love happily ever after.  My books might be a bit predictable, but in the very best way.  I never want my readers to walk away with an empty feeling.  If you're reading me its because you want it to all work out in the end, and that is my promise to you.

Today Amazon has Candy Kisses for FREE!  So please download a copy and enjoy! DOWNLOAD FOR FREE 4-13-2012

Thank you for stopping by!
Bernadette Marie


2 comments:

  1. I just downloaded a copy and look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monique!!! I hope you enjoy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete