Thursday, September 27, 2012

Interview with author Sherri A. Dub


 Today I would like to welcome multi-published author Sherri Dub to the Warrior Princess Romance Writer Blog!

What genre(s) do you write?
I write Paranormal Romance and YA Steampunk Romance.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I am a plotter who gets all her research done, an outline made and then I pants my way through writing the book.  Usually, it takes several versions to complete the end product.

What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
 I hope people read my stories and can relate to the situations the characters find themselves in.  If I am writing about werewolves or witches, I want the reader to believe that if they were actual people they met, their life problems were easy to relate to and accept.  It’s important to me that the reader becomes attached to my characters.

What other careers have you had?
I’ve been an archaeologist, a dental assistant and a commercial fisherman in Alaska. 
When people ask me how I managed those 3 careers and ended up a writer, I try to explain that when I spent 16 years in Alaska it was either work hard in a variety of fields or starve.  You learn to adapt and accept that you can do anything.
Alaska is an intense state, with beautiful people and opportunities, not for the faint of heart.  And, while it was wonderful living there for as long as I did, I’ve retired to write on the Big Island of Hawaii and it feels deserved.

Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
Right now, I am working on a YA Steampunk romance trilogy.  I am not sure when I will have it out and ready for publication, as I may enter it in the RWA Golden Heart.

My website is:  http://www.sheropatra.com

Published works:
GODDESS COTTAGE
THE WITCH BALL
THRESHOLD OF BONES

No comments:

Post a Comment