Wednesday, April 10, 2013

5 Totally Random Facts about ME, Bernadette Marie

One of the things I ask in my interviews is to have people tell me 5 random facts about themselves. I have a post-it note, which has been hanging on my desk for 3 years now with these facts about me. So I thought I'd share.

So here is what is going on as I write this. My dear friend is painting my house and I'm watching a man in my cul-de-sac try and jimmy his door open on his mini-van. How is that for random facts?

1. I AM MESSY. I'd like to say I'm not...but that would be a lie! I pile stuff and I shuffle it about. I'm not dirty...just messy!!!  But then if you read anything about a creative mind...this is how we roll!

2. I'D RATHER BE COLD THAT HOT. You can only get so naked! Heat gets to me pretty fast. I have a low tolerance for 100 degree heat. Yep that's why this dry Colorado heat works for me! But I don't mind being cold. You can keep layering and layering and layering!

3. I CUT MY OWN HAIR. Yep! I do! I have a salon in my home which I still do business out of. Another creative outlet for me. But for the past 2-3 years I have mastered, or tried to, the art of cutting my own hair. I don't think I'm too shabby at it either. And...I'm licensed. I have an edge.

4. I CAN WRITE AS FAST BACKWARD AS I CAN FORWARD. The art of passing notes is a lost one! But you can guarantee if you got a note from me in the 1980's you got a few that had to be read in a mirror or from the opposite side of the paper.

5. I STILL USE MY FINGERS TO MULTIPLY BY NINE. What a skill! My cousin taught me to multiply by 9 using my fingers when I was in 3rd grade. It is a skill that has stuck with me and I've passed on. Often it is just quicker for me to look down that it is to recall. I'm not that analytical. I leave that to my husband and 4 out of 5 of my boys. (Yep...one is defiantly as creative minded as me...math is not our thing.)

What about you? What makes you you? Share with us some random facts that make you unique :)



You can find sale links to all my books, and those of other 5 Prince Publishing authors, at www.5princebooks.com/buy.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment