Friday, June 14, 2013

Interview with author Jodie Pierce

Today I'm pleased to have Jodie Pierce with me!


Jodie Pierce is married to her hubby, John who gave her a storybook happily-ever-after. She lives in Cleveland, Ohio but traveled to Brasil when she was 16 years old as an exchange student and she travels the US with her hubby. Jodie started writing as a teenager and even wrote for her schools newspaper and yearbook.

She has had a fascination with vampires since they were introduced to her as a child and has had a long history with them. It wasn't until she started reading the Anne Rice vampire books in college that she was truly inspired to stop writing sappy teen romance stories and focus on the vampires she loved. You will find some of her experiences from Brasil in her stories. Many of her stories have historical or researched facts as she also enjoys research and learning about new places.

She has published five short novels (Eternal Press), a short story in "Midnight Thirst 2", an anthology (Melange Books), has four self-published books and has several short stories that she still works on. She’s published a charity vampire anthology book with various Authors named In Vein, where all the proceeds of the book went to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. She's always busy with the next great vampire story as her mind is non-stop and even plagues her dreams.

Want to Connect with Jodie? Here's where you'll find her:




What is your favorite thing about being a writer? I like that I can be creative and it gives me that outlet that I need to do so. I love creating characters and their world around them. I meditate and before I became a serious writing it was hard but once I was open to my talent and enjoying myself, meditation became much easier. I honestly think the two things are related.

How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published? I wrote my first book in 2007. I didn’t get published until 2010. I wrote my first book in the old composition books and then when I got a laptop I typed out my story. I actually sent my The Vampire Queen story to a publisher in 2008 and they rejected me. Then Twilight hit and the love of vampires was rejuvenated. I resent them my book in 2010 and they took it. I was amazed. Funny how things work out.

Are any of your characters based on real people or events? Absolutely! I was an exchange student in Brasil and many of my stories mention my experiences there. Also, many of my characters or traits are based on real people. I find it more fun that way.

What books or authors have most influenced your life? I would say if it wasn’t for Anne Rice, I would still be writing silly romance books. When I started writing, my books were about relationships I had in school. Then in college I read several of her books and I realized that since I’ve had such a long relationship with vampires that I should be writing about them. It was a huge decision but it paid off.

Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task? I absolutely multi-task. For example, I am working on three projects right now. It takes me awhile to start writing as I have a horrible memory and I have to read the last few chapters to remember where I am in the story…It sucks!


Here's a little about the series:

The Vampire Queen:
A young woman awakes to find out not only is she an important Countess but she is also the very first or 'Ancient One' as she is called by her subjects. Her memories of being a vampire or anyone are gone so she must relearn everything (from spells to flying) from the people around her, but can they be trusted? She also learns her main objective as the old Countess was purifying the vampire race and wishes to continue with that work. The 'Others', powerful and evil vampires, attempt to use her memory loss to their advantage. They had been trying to entice her to their side for centuries. Struggling to remember her past, battling the 'Others' and coping with her new life keep the Countess busy throughout this spellbinding and thrilling novel. Will she succeed in her goals or will the 'Others' win her over to their side this time around?



The Vampire Chronicles:
The Countess returns to her mansion to find the inside in shambles and her lover delusional and in rags. She cleans her up, snaps her out of it and tells her of her plan to go to Venice. There was a small group needing a coven leader and she wants the position. Once there it was brought to the attention of the Countess that a young Japanese lady vampire had made most of them and was not following the rules of creation. The Countess and her coven decided she needed to be stopped. They went to Japan and a huge battle ensued. The Countess of course won but was later kidnapped. While in jail, her powers did not work. Once there, she was granted a meeting with Samuru, the Japanese Emperor who belaid her entire heritage. Afterwards, he allowed her to go with no resistance to her coven when they invaded to rescue her. The Countess and the voice that she had fallen in love with was a vampire too so he returned with her to Venice to live out their days. Her previous lover gave up and left the Countess. There are many other wonderful smaller characters in here.

The Demise of the Vampire Queen:
The Queen is once again ruling her subjects only this time it is a school for the ‘different’ children in Scotland. A school full of vampires, witches, warlocks, elves and fairies, one that is feared and hated by all who attend. A new group of witches and warlocks show up to her gates and cause all kinds of havoc within the school. Vampires and witches are at odds and only a few can see the survival of the school. An ancient lover and the Queen are reunited but at what costs? A new, as well as an old lover unite to attempt to take the Queen off her throne. Will it work? Will the Queen maintain her horrendous rule over the students? Can the spells woven work and change history? All will be told in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment